Terry Pratchett 1948-2015: a magical life, ended far to soon

News and reviews about the works of Sir Terry Pratchett wossname at pearwood.info
Fri Mar 13 10:17:25 EST 2015

Wossname
March 2015 (Volume 18, Issue 3, Post 1)

WOSSNAME is a free publication offering news, reviews, and all the other
stuff-that-fits pertaining to the works and activities of Sir Terry
Pratchett. Originally founded by the late, great Joe Schaumburger for
members of the worldwide Klatchian Foreign Legion and its affiliates,
including the North American Discworld Society and other continental
groups, Wossname is now for Discworld and Pratchett fans everywhere in
Roundworld.

*HE ATE'NT DEAD IN OUR HEARTS: RIP TERRY PRATCHETT, 1948-2015*

Dear Readers,

The Author has left us. But the magic he brought to the world will never
leave. Let us mourn his passing, but celebrate his life and works.

Wossname will continue, as it has always been even more about the words
of a master wordsmith than about the life of the wordsmith himself.
There will be our own loving obituary to add to the vast outpouring of
tributes to the man who brought satire and real wisdom to the fantasy
genre, but for now, here is the official announcement as posted on PJSM
Prints:

"It is with immeasurable sadness that we announce that author Sir Terry
Pratchett has died at the age of 66.

"Larry Finlay, MD at Transworld Publishers:

"'I was deeply saddened to learn that Sir Terry Pratchett has died. The
world has lost one of its brightest, sharpest minds. In over 70 books,
Terry enriched the planet like few before him. As all who read him know,
Discworld was his vehicle to satirize this world: he did so brilliantly,
with great skill, enormous humour and constant invention. Terry faced
his Alzheimer's disease (an 'embuggerance', as he called it) publicly
and bravely. Over the last few years, it was his writing that sustained
him. His legacy will endure for decades to come. My sympathies go out to
Terry's wife Lyn, their daughter Rhianna, to his close friend Rob
Wilkins, and to all closest to him.'

"Terry passed away in his home, with his cat sleeping on his bed
surrounded by his family on 12th March 2015. Diagnosed with PCA1 in
2007, he battled the progressive disease with his trademark
determination and creativity, and continued to write. He completed his
last book, a new Discworld novel, in the summer of 2014, before
succumbing to the final stages of the disease.

"We ask that the family are left undisturbed at this distressing time."

To read this message on the web, go to http://www.pjsmprints.com/

I'm off to raise a glass of scumble to The Author. See you soon.

– Annie Mac, Editor

The End. If you have any questions or requests, write:
wossname-owner (at) pearwood (dot) info

Copyright (c) 2015 by Wossname for the Klatchian Foreign Legion