Wossname – December 2020 – main issue

News and reviews about the works of Sir Terry Pratchett wossname at pearwood.info
Tue Dec 22 20:48:37 AEDT 2020

Wossname
December 2020 (Volume 23, Issue 12, Post 1)

WOSSNAME is a free publication offering news, reviews, and all the other
stuff-that-fits pertaining to the works of Sir Terry Pratchett.
Originally founded by the late, great Joe Schaumburger for members of
the worldwide Klatchian Foreign Legion and its affiliates, including the
North American Discworld Society and other continental groups, Wossname
is now for Discworld and Pratchett fans everywhere in Roundworld.

Editor in Chief: Annie Mac
News Editor: Vera P
Newshounds: Mogg, Sir J of Croydon Below, the Shadow, Mss C, Alison not
Aliss
Staff Writers: Asti, Pitt the Elder, Evil Steven Dread, Mrs Wynn-Jones
Staff Technomancer: Jason Parlevliet
Book Reviews: Annie Mac, Drusilla D'Afanguin, Your Name Here
Puzzle Editor: Tiff (still out there somewhere)
Emergency Staff: Steven D'Aprano, Jason Parlevliet
World Membership Director: Steven D'Aprano (in his copious spare time)

01) QUOTES OF THE MONTH
02) EDITOR'S LETTER
03) HOGSWATCH CAROLS
04) ODDS AND SODS
05) DISCWORLD PLAYS NEWS
06) DISCWORLD MEETING GROUPS NEWS
07) AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
08) IMAGES OF THE MONTH
09) CLOSE

01) QUOTES OF THE MONTH

"If J.R.R. Tolkien took LSD, thought of Death as a guy who takes his job
very seriously, and wrote satire with a honed edge of honesty that cuts
deep and bleeds truth, he actually would have been Terry Pratchett in
disguise. I’m not saying Terry Pratchett did drugs, but I am saying that
the ideas that fueled his brain took other authors like Stephen King
years of snorting cocaine to imagine."
– blogger frankfiction's interesting take on the genius of Pratchett

"Wherever people are obtuse and absurd... and wherever they have, by
even the most generous standards, the attention span of a small chicken
in a hurricane and the investigative ability of a one-legged
cockroach... and wherever people are inanely credulous, thematically
attached to the certainties of the nursery and, in general, have as much
grasp of the realities of the physical universe as an oyster has of
mountaineering... yes, Twyla: there is a Hogfather."
– Hogfather, of course

"One should always be wary of people who talk unashamedly of “fellowship
and good cheer” as if it were something that can be applied to life like
a poultice."
– ibid.

"HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE
SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM."
– the... *other* Hogfather

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

02) LETTER FROM YOUR EDITOR

Are you ready to welcome the Year of the Beleaguered Badger? We can only
hope that despite the name, it will be less beleaguered than the Year of
the Condescending Carp has been! That remains to be seen, but I think we
all deserve a good holiday and a drop (or many) of vintage scumble for
making it through.

Librarians – and orangutan lovers – around the world can celebrate the
first Discworld-named baby ape! See item 4.3.

To our readers and their families and friends, warmest Wossname wishes
for the happiest possible Hogswatch and a Covid-free new year! And now,
on with the show...

– Annie Mac, Editor

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

03) HOGSWATCH CAROLS

It's been a long time since we opened the Weird Alice songbook. Here's a
song to warm the cockles of your Discly hearts...

A FAIRYTALE OF OLD ANKH

A PRISONER IN THE PALACE DUNGEONS:
It was Hogswatch Eve, mate
Down in old Ankh
A chained mime said to me
"Won't learn another word!"
And then he sang a song:
The hedgehog's point of view
I turned twice Widdershins
And dream'd of hot stoo

Got Raven's lucky beak –
See, Death of Rats says SQUEAK
A slate is running
In Biers for me and you
So Happy Hogswatch
 From Dots and Sadie
Making Morpork free of crime
And nightmares all come true...

TWOFLOWER:
They've got gnolls big as trolls
They've got wizards in robes
But the smell goes right through you
There's no rest for your nose
When we walked round the Shades
On that cold Hogswatch night
You promised me Ankh-Morpork vampires don't bite

VARIOUS MEMBERS OF THE BEGGARS' AND THIEVES' GUILDS:
"You were Bursar – "
"You were jolly..."
"You stank like Queen Molly!"
When the minstrels stopped playing
We set them alight
Piss Harry's "collecting"
Mossy Lawn, he's dissecting
We ate Dibbler's meat pies
And retched through the night

EVERYONE:
The boys from the YMPA Choir
Were singing sourly
And Dark Morris bells rang out
For Hogswatch Eve.

NOBBY AND COLON:
"You're a Fool, a nut-case."
"You're a civic disgrace,
"Swigging Bearhugger's booze
"Till you hoick on your shoes!"
"You Lancre sheep-shagger..."
"You unlicensed Beggar..."
"Happy Hogswatch, you Nobbs – "
"Hope the Gods shut yer gob!"

EVERYONE:
The cops of the Day and Night Watch Choir
Committed harmony
And Dark Morris bells rang out
For Hogswatch Eve.

DUKE FELMET: "I could've ruled the Disc..."
DUCHESS FELMET: "Well, so could any twit!
"You took my crown from me
"When ghosts unmanned you..."
DUKE: "I killed for Lancre, dear
"I grabbed it for our own..."
DUCHESS: "I'd rather stand alone!"
ALL LANCRE TOGETHER: "But we could never stand you!"

EVERYONE:
The ghouls from the Bel-Shamharoth Choir
Were howling tunelessly
And Dark Morris bells rang out
For Hogswatch Eve!

[Editor's note: this is not the greatest Hogswatch carol in the world –
this is just a tribute (SNH, SNH, SNH). I always had a horror of the
sickly sweetness of most carols until the original of this one came
along. For those of you unacquainted with its dyspeptic, misanthropic
wonderfulness, get yourself to the nearest Anterweb and hunt it down –
you won't be sorry! HO HO HO.]

*

And something slightly more traditional...

WE THREE HAGS: ANE HOGSWATCHE CAROL

NANNY, GRANNY AND MAGRAT:
We three Hags Lancrastian are
Straddling brooms, we travel afar
Hearth and privy, pub and smithy
Casting our spells bizarre

Ohh...
Stars of Lancre, stern in black
Dames in regal pointy hats
Hubwards breezing, nethers freezing
Witches three who've got the knack

VERENCE:
Born a Fool, yet destined to reign
Never cruel though sometimes a pain
King well-meaning, New Age-leaning
Sensible, in the main

Ohh...
Star of Lancre, staunch and meek
Castle sanitation geek
Bells a-clinking, forward-thinking
Modernising farm techniques

MAGRAT:
Frank but senseless, soppy am I
Wrinkled gowns and head in the sky
Sweet tomfool'ry, occult jewellery
'Wet as a hen,' they sigh

Ohh...
Star of Lancre, star-crossed Queen
Star of herbal research scene
Keen defender, nappy-mender
Keeping Ynci's armour clean

NANNY:
Scumble mine, 'tis boozy perfume
Breath like fire can clear a big room
Girlish spirit, bawling lyrics
Bawdy and rude – boom-boom!

Ohh...
Star of Lancre, super-Gran
Head of matriarchal clan
Crude and chummy, Greebo's Mummy
Who can fix things? Nanny can!

GRANNY:
Hogswatch parties? Sausages fat?
Ha! I can't be having with that!
Bees I'll borrow near and far, so
I can patrol my patch

ALL:
Ohh...
Stars of Lancre, wyrd and wise
We've no need to advertise
Maiden, mother, and the... other
Guarding all 'neath Lancre's skies!

*

...and a bit of seasonal poetry...

HOGGERWATCHY

Twas Hogswatch, and the savvy youths
Did slyly grin as sleep they feigned
All tinselled were the icy roofs
And the Hogfather reigned

'Beware the pig-shaped choccy buns!
'The drunken fights, the booze'd collapse!
'Beware the lemon curd, and shun
'Voluminous brandy-snaps!'

We took our chunder-cures in hand
Pork rinds and sausage pie we bought
Then rested we as the clock struck three
And had a wily thought

And as we hid, with prying eyes
The Hogfather (with list of names)
Came jingling through the wintry skies
HO. HO. HO. as he came!

One-two, one-two! The ham's sliced through!
Its charcoaled skin was bright as chrome
We played Charades, then thanked the Gods
And went galumphing home

'And hast thou drained the scumble-pot?
'Don't be alarmed, my wee pished bairn!'
O scabrous daze, me head's all glazed!
We mortals never learn...

Twas Hogswatch, and the savvy youths
Did slyly grin as sleep they feigned
All tinselled were the icy roofs
And the Hogfather reigned.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

04) ODDS AND SODS

4.1 PENGUIN COMPETITION

No, not a competition to win a penguin, but rather one to win a special
copy of The Time-travelling Caveman from Penguin Books:

"This year hasn’t exactly been the best year for the adventurous among
us, has it? Trips, explorations and mind-blowing ventures have all been
put on hold. Luckily, Terry Pratchett's brand new compendium of short
stories, The Time-travelling Caveman, illustrated by Mark Beech, is
bursting to the brim with ideas and imagination. Written for local
newspapers when Terry Pratchett was a young lad, these never previously
published stories are packed full of anarchic humour and wonderful wit.
We have 3x special edition copies to giveaway. To enter, email us with
where in the Discworld you'd most like to escape to and why.
A winner will be picked at random on Monday 4th January 2021."

To enter, go to
http://penguin-group.msgfocus.com/q/11m9iRLy1WunsJ0I3tGyISL/wv and press
the ENTER button below the text quote above here

4.2 UPDATES: THE TERRY PRATCHETT BOOK CLUB

On the website of publishers Tor, Emmet Asher-Perrin continues a
Discworld discussion page. This month's instalment takes us most of the
way through Wyrd Sisters:

"The Fool’s role in giving Felmet the idea of how to turn the people
against the witches is extremely unsettling because Pratchett knows
plenty about the actual history of witch hunts and is bringing that
knowledge to bear here. But it’s more unsettling because those methods
are still used today, even in fiction; I was immediately put in mind of
what the Tenth Doctor did to Harriet Jones after she disappointed him,
tanking her entire political career with the words “Don’t you think she
looks tired?” And that was done pointedly, intentionally, with the
knowledge of how many women’s lives and careers are destroyed by rumor
and hearsay. It’s the reason why Granny is so adamant about them
maintaining their respect – and she’s right. Without it, they’ll be
turned on in an instant..."

https://bit.ly/34gQSPH

"The Fool is trying to show the duke and duchess that they can turn an
entire kingdom against the witches simply by putting the idea in
people’s heads that they are untrustworthy. And it works, of course,
because words do have the power to shape thought, particularly amongst
people who are frightened or concerned about their ability to survive;
that’s how witch trials come about in the first place. But there’s an
interesting moment here when the Fool thinks that what he’s doing with
the duke and words has to be better ultimately than swords and fighting
– which sounds so sensible, even if it is utterly wrong. And that’s
likely because this Fool wasn’t truly meant to be a Fool..."

https://bit.ly/3ajhWBt

"We’re getting the set up for Tomjon, and Pratchett is sneakily showing
his hand here in the conversation between Hwel and Vitoller; Vitoller is
convinced he’ll never see his son again now that he’s heading back
toward his birthplace, that destiny has a plan in all this. But Hwel
knows that’s not how destiny really works, even if he deals in it often
enough as a playwright. It’s fun in a technical sense because Pratchett
is also playing with story convention by setting us up this way,
bringing destiny and birthrights into a story that’s ultimately about
making your own path. In the sections where he makes his speeches, the
narrative is simultaneously showing us that Tomjon has the makings of a
king and the makings of a superb actor, but we’re meant to believe that
only one of these things is relevant. That simply isn’t the case. Both
of those things can be true at once – we’re none of us made to be only
one thing in our lives..."

[Note: Asher-Perrin will be back in the new year with the final part of
Wyrd Sisters. -- Ed.]

https://bit.ly/3mz3uYL

4.3 THEY CHOSE THE RIGHT NAME... OOOK!

Roundworld has a Librarian called Librarian!

"He’s called Pustakawan, or Kawi, if you wish. Prague’s zoo said on
Wednesday it has finally completed the process of naming a critically
endangered Sumatran orangutan baby born on its premises on Nov 17. It
took a while, because the zookeepers had to go through more than 4,000
proposals submitted by members of the public. Kawi is the fourth baby
for his mother, Mawar, and the first for father Pagy. His name means
Librarian in Indonesian, zoo officials said. Librarian was the name of
an orangutan in Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series of fantasy novels...."

https://bit.ly/37GT7xu

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

05) DISCWORLD PLAYS NEWS

* A HOGSWATCH MESSAGE FROM THE UNSEEN THEATRE

"Dear Patrons, Cast and Crew,

"Only 5 days to Hogswatch! We have missed being able to perform for you
this year due to this embuggerance of a VIRUS!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. But we hope that you all have a very Happy
Hogswatch, making the very best of whatever restrictions apply to your
place of residence on the Discworld! We look forward to seeing you
around about May in the Year of the Condescending Carp!"

Keep an eye on https://unseen.com.au/ for updates in the new year!

* REVIEW: MONSTROUS REGIMENT IN PERTH, FOURECKS

By Kimberley Shaw in Stage Whispers:

"Terry Pratchett shows are very popular and almost their own genre in
their style. There is a dedicated fan-base, but they can often be tricky
for people who are not fans of the Discworld novels to understand. Not
so Monstrous Regiment, a stand-alone story that is easy to watch,
entertaining and fun... The role of Polly is a big one – possibly the
Pratchett Hamlet, and we are in great hands with Michelle Ezzy, giving
an excellent performance as this plucky young woman trying to hide her
femininity. There’s very little down time in this show, and Michelle’s
anchoring, energetic performance keeps this show rollicking along. Her
fellow recruits include Jess Lally, so glamorous in her last Pratchett
appearance, delightful in the very unglamorous role of Igor (the makeup
– one of many excellent makeup jobs is managed by Yvette Drager-
Wetherilt). Candice Preston has wonderful poise, excellent
characterisation and looks superb as vampire Maladict. Elizabeth Croft
is scary-tough but loveable as Tonker, with Josie Walsh solid as
Tonker’s very close friend Lofty. Elise Kelly gives nuance to the chef
who can’t swear, Shufti, while Niamh O’Hehir charms as youngest recruit
Wazzer – who is extremely devout. The final member of the regiment is
Carborundum – played by the most impressive puppet I have ever seen on a
Perth stage. Gorgeously constructed by Garry Wetherilt, with gorgeous
eyes by Connie Wetherilt, full body puppet Carborundum has the most
exquisite expressions, and gives an outstanding verbal and non-verbal
performance throughout. Kudos to puppeteer/actor Zac Skelton and his
teamwork with designer Gary and director Brad Towton..."

https://bit.ly/34AlyeL (includes a number of cast photos)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

06) DISCWORLD MEETING GROUPS NEWS

Remember, one day, possibly in the not too distant future, Discworld
fans will be able to meet in the real Roundworld again. So keep this
information handy! Also note there are a few updates below.

The Broken Drummers, "London's Premier Unofficially Official Discworld
Group"
BrokenDrummers at gmail.com or nicholls.helen at yahoo.co.uk or join their
Facebook group at https://bit.ly/3jtYLGo

NOTE: the Drummers are still meeting occasionally via Zoom. Check out
the above links for updates!

*

Drumknott's Irregulars
Facebook https://bit.ly/31FlSrq or Google Groups
https:groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/drumknotts-irregulars or join us
at our next event."

*

The Victorian Discworld Klatch
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VictorianDiscworldKlatch

*

"The Gathering of the Loonies (Wincanton chapter)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/373578522834654/

*

The Pratchett Partisans
https://www.facebook.com/groups/pratchettpartisans/ or contact Ula
directly at uwilmott at yahoo.com.au

*

The City of Small Gods
www.cityofsmallgods.org.au

"What are we doing while we're stuck at home due to COVID-19? Given that
our normal social gatherings can't happen while everyone's under
lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are instead trying to host
regular activities and discussions online. Most of these will be done
via our Discord Server – https://discord.gg/3RVzsyJ – which has several
text chat channels and a few voice chat channels as well. We will still
use our Facebook group – https://facebook.com/groups/cityofsmallgods –
to coordinate scheduled events. When things get back to normal...
(semi-) regular social meetings are generally held on the last Thursday
of the month at a pub or restaurant in Adelaide. We have dinner at
6.30pm followed by games until 9pm. We'll try to keep this page up to
date (no promises!) but always check emails on the mailing list or our
Facebook Group for further details of these events."

*

The Broken Vectis Drummers
broken_vectis_drummers at yahoo.co.uk

*

The Wincanton Omnian Temperance Society (WOTS) meets at Wincanton's
famous Bear Inn when social gatherings are possible.

*

The Northern Institute of the Ankh-Morpork and District Society of
Flatalists normally meet at The Narrowboat Pub in Victoria Street,
Skipton, North Yorkshire, Details of future meetings are posted on the
Events section of the Discworld Stamps forum:
http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk/forum/

*

Sydney Drummers (formerly Drummers Downunder)
Contact Sue (aka Granny Weatherwax): kenworthys at yahoo.co.uk

*

The Treacle Mining Corporation, formerly known as Perth Drummers
https://bit.ly/2EKSCqu – or message Alexandra Ware directly at
<alexandra.ware at gmail.com>

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

07) AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE

Blogger Indulgent Reader's review of Hogfather:

"Susan is one of my favourite characters in the Discworld series.
Despite her unique situation she tries to get on with whatever she needs
to do. She doesn’t like nonsense and is fairly intelligent which is
always nice as there can be a lack of intelligent females in some
literature. She clearly likes the children she works with and i like
that she treats them like adults. This is something that children
appreciate they can tell when they are being spoken down to, and some
flourish when they are treated as an adult. Obviously she has a number
of quirks and these just highlight how positive all the others are... I
love the way that this is written, if you have ever read a Terry
Pratchett book you know that they aren’t written in chapters, and you
are given a number of different strands to follow all of which are
usually happening simultaneously. I love the way that this book takes
elements from Christmas and brings forth the same feeling of Christmas
while still highlighting the irony of certain elements of the holiday
and focusing on some of the niceties that you hear about at Christmas.
This book always makes me feel Christmasy..."

https://bit.ly/2KJYenJ

...and blogger and Orkneyite Nephriteon's, of the telly adaptation:

"This adaptation is very enjoyable if you are already a fan of
Pratchett’s work. It’s clear right from the beginning that they spent a
decent amount of money on this as the use of CGI – especially for what
is basically a pair of 2006 TV movies – is surprisingly impressive. The
blue lights in DEATH’S eyes and the empty void of nothingness inside the
Auditors whenever they appear in their cloaked form are examples. With
also a pleasant amount of practical work as well. Another sign of their
dedication to detail is the fact that there were a series of small
vignettes and a behind the scenes documentary made about the making of
the adaptation that aired during the run up to the broadcast of the
first episode which is included in the two disc version of the DVD
release. The adaptation was written between Pratchett himself and Vadim
Jean who also acted as director on the project. The writing in general
terms is extremely accurate to the original novel with certain scenes
being word for word recreations from the book. There are some
differences however such as the very minor role given to the Death Of
Rats and Quoth the Raven – companions of Susan – compared to the
original being noticeable. Certain minor characters are removed entirely
whilst the deaths of some characters are altered to fit the live action
nature of the adaptation. The cast is frankly stunning – especially for
long time Discworld fans..."

https://bit.ly/2KQh38E

Blogger ZeeZee loved Witches Abroad:

"I enjoyed this story SO much! Just thinking about it brings a smile to
face, so I’ve bumped it onto my Favorites list because (oh man!) this
story left me with such a wonderful feeling. It was a good read... This
was a fun read from start to finish. I love stories that play with
fairytales, and this one certainly does that. It touches on the
Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, and the Frog Prince fairytales, and
it was hilarious to see how the Ramtop witches interrupted them or
stopped them from happening... I like Granny Weatherwax, but sometimes
she can be unnecessarily mean, I think, to Magrat – although I do think
she helps Magrat to grow a strong backbone. My favorite of the witches,
of course, is my girl Nanny Ogg. Oh man! Nanny Ogg cracks me up. She’s
considered the linguist among the three witches during their travel
abroad, although she mispronounces many words and gets a lot of stuff
wrong, lol. But Nanny Ogg is just a lot of fun and I love how she pokes
at Granny sometimes to get under her skin..."

https://bit.ly/34zdFGw

Blogger Muse With Me returns with a review of Maskerade:

"This book managed to feel like both a standalone and a part of a
series, which was great. Agnes Nitt first appeared in the previous
Witches book, Lords and Ladies, and her frustrations with the Lancre
witches carry on into this one. Granny and Nanny, for their part, are
feeling the absence of Magrat from their little trio, and both in their
own way feel Agnes should fill her role. A coven really ought to have
three, after all: the maiden, the mother, and the crone. Together they
serve as an ensemble cast, with Agnes giving us a closer look at the
behind-the-scenes of the Opera House, while Granny and Nanny try to
infiltrate it, to apprehend the Ghost and unmask him. Nanny Ogg
sometimes feels like a bit of a sidekick in these novels, so I was
really pleased that she had a more active role in this story. It’s not
that she’s usually passive, just that Granny Weatherwax has such a
strong, self-assured personality that she comes off as more in charge. I
got a greater sense of Nanny using her own unique talents in situations
Granny would be less equipped to deal with. The two have always been
strong characters in these books, but I love to see Pratchett continue
to build them out and make them even more vivid... For a while I was
wary of the way the text was treating Agnes, on account of her weight...
early on it poked fun at that a lot. This would’ve gotten old fast, but
they diminished quickly enough. Though humorously presented, it was much
more about how the world sees her than anything else. Despite the
continued gag commentary that she has a 'lovely personality' to deflect
from the matter of her weight, her character was in fact very endearing
and easy to sympathize with. She’s often the most sensible person among
the Opera group and deserves more recognition her talents than she gets..."

https://bit.ly/2LZY7VN

...and blogger Wyrmbergmalcolm praises The Shepherd's Crown:

"Once again, Terry Pratchett perfectly captured the idiosyncrasies of
the ways of being human with some hilarious mannerisms and statements.
This story also had a great cast from most of the witching world,
including those from the main Discworld series. This was the one issue I
had with this book. I have been reading the Tiffany Aching series to my
children, who have not read any of the other books in the Discworld
series. The Tiffany Aching books are written for younger readers. By
including characters and other events from the main series I felt my
children missed out on a lot..."

https://bit.ly/3h8z6TP

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

08) IMAGES OF THE MONTH

Here comes the Year of the Beleaguered Badger!
https://bit.ly/3nAMm5V

Our favourite Blackboard Monitor at Trinity College Dublin, December 2008:
https://twitter.com/terryandrob/status/1337548301814681604

Good Omens director Douglas Mackinnon's Hugo award for Best Dramatic
Presentation, Long Form:
https://twitter.com/drmuig/status/1341035775513735170/photo/1

Marc Simonetti's fascinating vision of Maskerade:
https://bit.ly/3rmfkc0

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

09) CLOSE

Hands up who remembers all those Pratchett book signings! Here be a
piece in the Bournemouth Echo about one at the turn of the century,
complete with assorted iconographs. Sir Pterry – and Borders – may be
gone, but the memories remain:

"The predicted chaos occurred at Borders bookshop when the hugely
popular fantasy author magicked himself into town for a marathon book
signing session. Fans clutching copies of his latest Discworld hardback
The Truth, and the newly-released paperback The Fifth Elephant, braved
two-hour queues to meet their favourite author and get his name in their
new volumes. The date was November 9, 2000, as devoted fans shivered by
the Bournemouth square store’s automatic doors which were kept open as
the queue extended outdoors and leaned on the lower-floor escalator
which had to be stopped because of the congestion."

https://bit.ly/38uhMVt

Now go hang up those stockings. Mind how you go, and we hope to see you
in the new year!

– Annie Mac

This issue can be viewed on the clacks at
https://wossname.dreamwidth.org/80822.html

The End. If you have any questions or requests, write: wossname-owner
(at) pearwood (dot) info

Copyright (c) 2020 by Wossname for the Klatchian Foreign Legion