NEWSFLASH: a Discly wizard wants your help!

News and reviews about the works of Sir Terry Pratchett wossname at pearwood.info
Mon Nov 8 07:52:49 AEDT 2021

Hands up who remembers Mr Sideney, the wizardly locksmith in Sky TV's
famous adaptation of Hogfather? Or the equally wizardly Arch Astronomer
of Krull in Sky's equally famous adaptation of The Colour of Magic? How
about the chap who voiced all those Discworld audiobooks - twenty-one of
them, to be precise? And provided the voice of the Auditors in the
aforementioned Hogfather telly-film? That's right, it's UK comedy legend
Nigel Planer, beloved for almost forty years for iconic roles including
Neil of The Young Ones, David Castle of King and Castle, Ralph Filthy of
Filthy Rich and Catflap, Blackadder the Third's Lord Smedley, and many
others not to mention years of superb work in many roles for The Comic
Strip Presents.

Mr Planer has also written a number of plays and books. Which brings us
to today's subject:

A WIZARD WANTS YOUR HELP!!!

To quote the man himself: "I've written a time-travel comedy book which
is currently crowd funding with the publisher Unbound. It's called
Jeremiah Bourne in Time and is a new and sideways look at time
travelling, with many eccentric characters. I'm hoping to put the word
out to people who I reckon will like it. There are many homages to Sir T
inside."

Jeremiah Bourne in Time is already a third of the way to meeting the
necessary total, so would you like to join the legions of Discworld fans
and pitch in a few Ankh-Morpork dollars (or your local Roundworld
currency) to help it along? Of course you would!

Here be the link to the Unbound crowdfunding page:

https://unbound.com/books/jeremiah-bourne-in-time/

The page includes an explanatory/promotional video which I promise you
is well worth watching! Not least because as wonderful a job Paul Kaye
did a few years ago representing Sir Pterry himself in the BBC
documentary Terry Pratchett: Back in Black, Nigel Planer channels The
Author even more eerily in the above promo. Must be the influence of
voicing all those Discworld books...

So yes, please do trot along to the page and support Jeremiah Bourne in
Time. Your Editor already has done - and is quite certain that were Sir
Pterry still with us, he'd have been among the first to do so!

p.s. To view this announcement on the Clacks - which includes a rather
nice collage of some of Nigel Planer's most iconic roles - go to:
https://wossname.dreamwidth.org/82520.html

p.p.s. Wossname will resume regular publication next week. Plenty of
news to share...