Wossname -- May 2015 -- Main issue

News and reviews about the works of Sir Terry Pratchett wossname at pearwood.info
Mon May 11 20:14:59 AEST 2015

Wossname
May 2015 (Volume 18, Issue 5, Post 1)

WOSSNAME is a free publication offering news, reviews, and all the other
stuff-that-fits pertaining to the works and activities of Sir Terry
Pratchett. Originally founded by the late, great Joe Schaumburger for
members of the worldwide Klatchian Foreign Legion and its affiliates,
including the North American Discworld Society and other continental
groups, Wossname is now for Discworld and Pratchett fans everywhere in
Roundworld.

GNU Terry Pratchett: Sending Home, forever (and secreted in Wossname's
own server)
Never forget: http://www.gnuterrypratchett.com/

Editor in Chief: Annie Mac
News Editor: Vera P
Newshounds: Mogg, Sir J of Croydon Below, the Shadow, Mss CS, Alison not
Weatherwax
Staff Writers: Asti, Pitt the Elder, Evil Steven Dread, Mrs Wynn-Jones
Staff Technomancers: Jason Parlevliet, Archchancellor Neil, DJ Helpful
Book Reviews: Annie Mac, Drusilla D'Afanguin, Your Name Here
Puzzle Editor: Tiff (still out there somewhere)
Emergency Staff: Steven D'Aprano, Jason Parlevliet
World Membership Director: Steven D'Aprano (in his copious spare time)

01) QUOTES OF THE MONTH
02) EDITOR'S LETTER
03) THE STORY MUSEUM'S MORT WEEKEND
04) ODDS AND SODS
05) DISCWORLD PLAYS NEWS
06) DISCWORLD ARTS AND CRAFTS NEWS
07) DISCWORLD CONVENTION NEWS
08) DISCWORLD MEETING GROUPS NEWS
09) DISCWORLD GAMES NEWS
10) IMAGES OF THE MONTH
11) CLOSE

01) QUOTES OF THE MONTH

"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to
think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's
fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I
must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one
ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's
Them that do the bad things."

  – Jingo

"Terry Pratchett – who in his later works, was not only funny but deeply
wise and humane. My wife and I were in the car on a road trip listening
to the audio version of one of his books. And I said to her, 'I am going
to fling myself out the window. I will never write anything this good.'
There are no qualifications on my admiration for him."

– YA author Bruce Coville, who also has Paul Kidby as a sometime cover
artist

Also, a new collection of "50 best quotes and photos" of Terry Pratchett
(as recommended by Rhianna):

http://bit.ly/1BcVYmG

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

02) A LETTER FROM YOUR EDITOR

A bit rushed for time this week (read: a *lot* rushed for time), but as
there is already a fair amount of news and such, it's first issue of the
month time...

The lads at Backspindle Games have announced an official release date
for their new Clacks game – we already knew that. But now Clacks is
available for pre-order, and the first 300 people to order will get "a
very special pre-order 'giveaway'" Read it and squee (item 9.1)!

A Slip of the Keyboard is now available in paperback. Here be Penguin's
blurb: "A Slip of the Keyboard brings together the best of Sir Terry's
non fiction writing on his life, his work and the weirdness of the
world: from Granny Pratchett to Gandalf's love life; from banana
daiquiris to books that inspired him; from getting started as a writer
to the injustices he fought at the end. With his trademark humour,
humanity and unforgettable way with words, this collection offers an
insight behind the scenes of Discworld into a much loved and much missed
figure – man and boy, bibliophile and computer geek, champion of hats,
orang-utans and the right to a good death." As always, I won't recommend
any Amazon links, but I am sure you can get a good price via your local
bookshop or through
https://www.myindependentbookshop.co.uk/

In The Telegraph, Kat Brown (she of the excellent tributes in earlier
issues) has gathered a round-up of some of the best Pterry tributes:

http://bit.ly/1cyxosy

An action replay of sorts: I remember quoting from Professor Ian
Stewart's tribute to Sir Pterry a few issues ago, but I'm not sure if I
provided a link to the whole piece, so here it is. Includes a photo of
all three authors of the Science of Discworld books, appropriately
dressed for UU, at Sir Pterry's honorary Warwick University degree ceremony:

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/newsandevents/news/magician

Remember, the Paul Kidby exhibition "Discworld and Beyond" continues at
the Gosport Gallery through the 30th of this month! [And see item 4.4
for more Kidby wonderfulness! – Ed.]

Venue: Gosport Discovery Centre, High Street, Gosport, Hants PO12 1BT
(phone 0300 555 1387)
Time: 10am to 5pm Monday to Saturday (the Gallery is closed on Sundays
and public holidays)
Tickets: Free Admission for all

And now, on with the show...

– Annie Mac, Editor

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

03) THE STORY MUSEUM'S MORT WEEKEND

The Oxford Story Museum will be running a Mort weekend on the Weekend
Before the Glorious 25th:

"The Story Museum are proud to announce the return of Discworld Weekend,
a celebration of Sir Terry Pratchett's phenomenally successful Discworld
books. Taking place on the 23rd and 24th May 2015, this year's event is
themed around the novel Mort, the story of a teenage boy who finds
himself as Death's apprentice, with both disastrous and hilarious
consequences. The weekend will see The Story Museum transform with a
series of specially programmed events and installations including
readings from Stephen Briggs (voice of the Discworld audiobooks), a talk
from Discworld super-fan and convention regular Dr Pat Harkin, the
chance to see Death and his horse Binky saddling up in our stables, a
special MURDER A CURRY night with Terry's assistant Rob Wilkins as guest
of honour, and an immersive trip through Death's own library and gardens..."

And an update from from Stephen Briggs about the Mort-like Hiring Fair.
Sounds like it will be fun:

"Right, everyone – I've had a bit more information from the Story Museum
about the Hiring Fair on 23/24 May ... this from Siobhan at the museum:
'Set-up: a few small tables around the courtyard with information on
different jobs on them. A greeter with a clip board to do a quick
"aptitude test" on people who want to become apprentices to best direct
them. If we have enough volunteers, then have a person behind each job's
table, who can read out a brief explanation of the job. I don't know if
full costumes would be necessary – maybe just distinctive hats, like in
the book, some wool for a shepherd etc. If we don't have enough
volunteers then just pieces of paper with the job description. If we can
work out miniature games/puzzles for each job that would give the
apprentices something to do. And then just a stack of stickers where we
can write hand-written labels for what job people have apprenticed at if
they solve, or at least attempt to solve, their game/puzzle/task. For
the aptitude test, I've a few easy questions written. I was thinking the
last one could be "How do feel about cats?" and if they answer anything
along the lines of "are nice", they get to be Death's apprentice since
this is one of his famous quotes. The jobs mentioned directly or
indirectly in the book were: Shepherd, Carter, Interior decorator,
Carpenter, Thieves (rare) Beggar (rare), Toymaker, Mason, Farrier,
Assassin, Mercer, Cooper, Hoodwinker, Ploughman and of course, Undertaker.

"'Since Jason will be there in his Wizard outfit, and a lot of Wizards
do come from the Ramtops, maybe Unseen University could have a table for
tempting prospective students. And if any come dressed as witches they
wouldn't have a table, but could keep an eye on the crowd for
candidates. This is just a thought that makes sense for more of the
regular Discworld fans, so feel free to veto, but one other possibility
for a couple of the job stalls would be to link recruitment into some of
the other fan events around the world – so for example the assassins
table could also have leaflets for the next Dutch event in June. The
Irish event is Watch themed so the Watch could be signing people up. And
the next UK Con is musical, so if there's a musician job stall they
could also mention it there.
If we've got volunteers wearing relevant hats at most of the stalls,
then they can be calling out the benefits of apprenticing to their
industry...'"

When: Saturday 23rd May – Sunday 24th May 2015
Venue: Story Museum, Rochester House, 42 Pembroke Street, Oxford OX1 1BP
(phone +44 (0)1865 790050)
Time: 10am – 5pm Tues-Sat (when open); 11am-4pm Sundays (when open)
Tickets: The Discworld Weekend is included with a standard museum entry
ticket. Single tickets are priced at £7.50 (£5 concessions). Family
tickets are £20 (4 people including at least 1 child); no charge for
children under 2 years of age; groups of 10 or over receive 10% off,
only if they book through The Story Museum (01865 790050). Online
booking is no longer available, but there may be tickets at the door;
ring to check first!

Tickets for the MURDER A CURRY evening will be sold separately. "Dine on
Death's favourite food, cooked by celebrity chef Sophie Grigson as part
of our Discworld Weekend. Dress with a dash of Discworld and come ready
to answer Discworld questions and to choose your favourite passage from
Mort." Here be the running order for the evening:

19:00 Welcome drink, close up magic, wink murder, and the kind of
canapes Death would never have approved of
20:00 Curry – mild or strong
Meringue-Utans
21:00 Discworld Quiz compiled by Jason Anthony, editor of Discworld Monthly
21:30 Candlelit readings of favourite passages from Mort by Stephen Briggs
22:30 Ends

Tickets are priced at £25 per person including dinner, welcome drink,
magic, quiz and candlelit readings, and can be purchased by emailing
tickets at storymuseum.org.uk or by phoning 01865 790050.

http://www.storymuseum.org.uk/whats-on/discworld-weekend/

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

04) ODDS AND SODS

4.1 RADIO TRIBUTE TO THE SCIENCE of... PTERRY

ABC Radio (that's the Fourecksian version of the BBC) presents a
programme on the science in Sir Terry Pratchett's writing. The
transcript is available via the link below:

"Terry Pratchett was an English author of fantasy novels. His Discworld
series is 40 volumes. He has sold more than 85 million books in 37
languages. During the 1990s, Pratchett was the UK's best-selling author.
Terry Pratchett suffered early onset Alzheimer's Disease and died in
March 2015 aged 66. He donated nearly half-a-million pounds to
Alzheimer's research and was the subject of a two-part BBC documentary
about his life and illness. Physicist Len Fisher presents this tribute
to Terry Pratchett. He says the scientific references, and scientific
thinking in Pratchett's novels are too often overlooked."

http://lenfisherscience.com/53-terry-pratchetts-contribution-to-science/

The programme is available for download as well as for online listening.
To download, right-click on the Download Audio button on the upper left
or in the right-hand sidebar and select whatever your Hex uses for "save
link as":

http://ab.co/1bGCd1E

4.2 FUNDRAISING FOR RICE

Emma Fuell is one of the people currently raising money for the RICE
Centre in memory of Sir Pterry (see
http://wossname.dreamwidth.org/12556.html for a photo of her lovely
boots!): "I am raising money for RICE for The Research Institute for the
Care of Older People (RICE) because of the late, great Sir Terry
Pratchett. Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally
secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they'll never sell them
on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money
directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate –
saving time and cutting costs for the charity. So far I have raised £130
on eBay, selling sketches and hand made items."

Emma has raised an additional £245.00 to date through her JustGiving page:

https://www.justgiving.com/Emma-Fuell/

4.3 GNU NEWS

Worth a look: a Reddit page that keeps an eye on who's Sending Home!

http://www.reddit.com/r/GNUTerryPratchett

4.4 PAUL KIDBY'S DISCWORLD BARON

The Barons' Charter, "celebrating 800 years since the sealing of Magna
Carta", is coming to Salisbury!

"In the summer of 2015, The Trussell Trust, together with Salisbury
Cathedral and Wild in Art will stage The Barons' Charter – the biggest
ever mass participation public art event ever seen in the city. The
discontented Barons of medieval England created a charter that attempted
to impose laws on King John to limit his power, greed and authority. The
Great Charter of 1215 is the most celebrated document in English history
and forms the foundation of liberty and the heart of the process that
led to the rule of constitutional law. The Barons' Charter will include
25 life-sized decorated medieval baron sculptures to be displayed as an
art trail across the city, from 12th June to 6th September 2015. They
will then be auctioned in October to raise money for The Trussell Trust,
the UK's leading poverty charity.

"We're pleased to announce that artist Paul Kidby will be painting a
baron for The Barons' Charter! Paul is widely known as having been the
illustrator for Sir Terry Pratchett's Discworld Novels since 1994, and
his baron design titled 'The Discworld Knight' will reflect this, as
well as being a tribute to the late author. Speaking about his design
Paul said: '"The Discworld Knight" was inspired by the great writing of
Terry Pratchett, who was knighted for his services to literature in 2009
and lived locally to Salisbury, so it seemed fitting that my baron
celebrates his work and is a way for me to make a personal tribute to
him following his sad death. His creativity bought so much inspiration
and joy to so many of us. It was an honour and privilege to work with
him and I owe him a great debt of gratitude.' Paul has previously been
involved with other Wild in Art projects, having designed 'Eko' for the
Elephant Parade in 2010 and 'The Ookbench' for the National Literacy
Trust last year. Speaking about his involvement with The Barons'
Charter, Paul said: 'I have lived locally to Salisbury for 16 years and
I am proud of the city and its amazing heritage, not least the cathedral
and the treasures like Magna Carta that it houses. I am also well aware
of the fantastic work that The Trussell Trust does providing emergency
food and support for those in crisis, therefore the opportunity to help
raise funds and the profile of their work is important to me'."

http://www.thebaronscharter.org.uk/news/paul-kidbys-the-discworld-knight-baron/

Photos of the work in progress – the Discworld Massif cloak:

http://bit.ly/1GQHuBM and http://bit.ly/1DKT2Pt

4.5 READING DISCWORLD: IS THE BEGINNING THE PLACE TO BEGIN?

In The Guardian, an article by Sam Jordison reminding us why The Colour
of Magic is far more than a throwaway before the main event:

"Would you recommend The Colour of Magic as a first book to someone who
has never read Terry Pratchett before? Is it a good place to start with
this month's Reading group? ... I wouldn't introduce someone to the
Beatles with Please Please Me, I'd go straight for Revolver. But I'd
still answer yes to both those questions. Even more so now that I've
re-read The Colour of Magic, almost 30 years after it first introduced
me to the delights of the Discworld. I say yes partly because it's going
to be so interesting to compare this book to one of his later
masterpieces and to see how Pratchett developed his writing as the years
went on. Partly, because it's already so fascinating to see the origins
of the Discworld and the source of so many other stories. And partly,
because this book is still good. It's still more than worth reading in
and of itself...  Terry Pratchett explained on the BBC that it was
'written in protest' about a genre that he loved, but contained 'too
many dark lords, too much lack of thought'. In a speech back in 1986, he
also said: 'It was an attempt to do for the classical fantasy universe
what Blazing Saddles did for westerns.' It was a successful attempt. As
the failed wizard Rincewind and the proto-tourist Twoflower hurtle
around the physically impossible, magically sustained geography of the
Discworld, Pratchett makes sharp and telling points about the absurd
skimpiness of female characters' outfits, the daftness of riding on the
backs of dragons, the ridiculousness of the average quest. Yet while
they may work, these digs also open up the biggest objection to reading
The Colour of Magic. Whereas later Pratchett satirised the real world,
here his target is both softer and more obscure..."

http://bit.ly/1KWPmAn

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

05) DISCWORLD PLAYS NEWS

*** Editor's note: auditions for the Uppingham Theatre Company's October
2015 production of Wyrd Sisters are currently in progress. There are two
more auditions dates to come this week – the 11th and the 13th. See item
5.8 for details!

5.1 NEW: WYRD SISTERS IN TORQUAY (MAY)

"Shiphay Amateur Dramatic Society are proud to present to you,Terry
Pratchett's "Wyrd Sisters" adapted for the stage by Stephen Briggs."

When: 14th, 15th and 16th May 2015
Venue: St Johns Church Hall, Cadewell Lane, Shiphay, Torquay TQ2 7HP
Time: 7.30pm. (doors open 7pm)
Tickets: £6 adults, £4 students, £3 for under-16s. Call the Box Office
on 07913 109 672. Tickets can also be purchased from the Shiphay Post
Office.

Check out their poster, featuring a wonderfully rude Nanny Ogg, on the
Wossname blog:
http://wossname.dreamwidth.org/13012.html

http://on.fb.me/1H4TqgB

5.2 NEW: AUDITIONS FOR MAKING MONEY IN BASILDON (MAY)

The Thalian Theatre Group, who have been presenting Discworld plays
since 1996 (past productions include Going Postal, Maskerade, Carpe
Jugulum, Wyrd Sisters, Guards! Guards!, Mort and Men at Arms), will be
tackling Making Money later this year. For now, they are looking for
cast members! Open auditions for Making Money will be held over the next
two weeks. "Anybody is welcome to join!"

When: Tues. 12th May, Thurs. 14th May, Tues. 19th May and Thurs. 21st
May 2015.
Venue: Laindon Community Centre, Aston Road, Laindon, Essex SS15 6NX
Time: from 8.00pm

http://thethalians.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

5.3 REMINDER: WYRD SISTERS IN BORDON, HAMPSHIRE (MAY)

The Phoenix Players' production of Wyrd Sisters starts next week!

When: Fri. 15th, Sat. 16th, Fri. 22nd and Sat. 23rd May 2015
Venue: Phoenix Theatre & Arts Centre, Station Road, Bordon, Hants GU35 OLR
Time: 7.30pm all performances
Tickets: £9, (Concessions/members £8)
Call 01420 472664 or email: info at phoenixarts.co.uk
Or to buy online, go to:
https://kiosk.iristickets.co.uk/k?v=thephoenixtheatre

http://www.phoenixarts.co.uk/phoenix-players-wyrd-sisters

5.4 REMINDER: WYRD SISTERS IN EYNSFORD, KENT (MAY)

Riverside Players are currently presenting their new interpretation of
Wyrd Sisters. Stephen Briggs' play has been specially adapted for this
amateur production by the director, Rob Tizzard.

When: 15th & 16th May 2015
Venue: Eynsford Village Hall, High Street, Eynsford, Kent DA4 0AA
Time: Friday 15th, 7.45pm; Saturday 16th, 3pm & 7.45pm
Tickets: Adult £11, Concessions £9 (under 16s, over 60s and students
with NUS card), Family £35 (2 adults and 2 concessions); Group Discount:
buy 10 tickets, get one of them free! Applies to Adult and Concession
tickets only. Discount will be applied at payment stage.

http://www.riversideplayers.co.uk/

5.5 REMINDER: SMALL GODS IN ADELAIDE, FOURECKS (MAY)

Unseen Theatre's production of Small Gods opens next week!

"Although this production was planned quite some time before Terry's
passing, some may see it as fate, others as simply co-incidence, that we
decided on this particular one of his works that is concerned with
theological and philosophical issues. Whatever your beliefs, we hope
that it is a fitting tribute to him. Small Gods has all the usual
comedy, action, and drama that we have come to expect from one of the
most insightful minds of our era. It will also make you think
about....well...everything, long after you have left the theatre!"

When: Preview Fri. May 15. Opening Night Sat. May 16. Season continues
Wed to Sat until May 30.
Venue: Bakehouse Theatre, 255 Angas Street, Adelaide
Time: All shows at 8pm
Tickets: Adults $20; Concession $18; TREv $16; Groups (10+) $16; Preview
all tickets $15; Companion Card accepted.
To book online, go to: www.bakehousetheatre.com
Tickets can also be purchased at the door on the night (subject to
availability).

For a look behind the scenes pre-opening night, have a shufti at this
short video: http://on.fb.me/1ANKwiT

http://unseen.com.au/

5.6 NEW: WYRD SISTERS IN BRIGHTON (MAY)

The Brighton University Drama Society, who presented their first
Discworld play (Mort) in 2012, are back with their production of Wyrd
Sisters, this time for the Brighton Fringe Festival. "In this unusual
retelling of Macbeth, let BUDS take you on the back of the Great A'Tuin
and bring you on an adventure to save a kingdom with three rather
different witches." A percentage of proceeds will be going to The
Research Institute for the Care of Older People (RICE) in honour of the
late author.

When: 28th – 30th May 2015
Venue: Brighthelm Church & Community Centre, North Road, Brighton, East
Sussex BN1 1YD
Time:  All shows 7.30pm (show runs for 2 hours 30 minutes)
Tickets: £7 (£5 concessions) For online booking, go to:
http://boxoffice.brightonfringe.org/theatre/9181/wyrd-sisters

5.7 NEW: CARPE JUGULUM IN POTSDAM, BRANDENBURG (JUNE)

The English Drama Group will present their production of Carpe Jugulum
in June.

When: 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 16th, 19th and 24th June 2015 (also 29th June
at different venue; see below)
Venue: Potsdam University canteen, first floor, New Palais (Neues
Palais) campus (4th through 24th); Hans Otto Theatre, Potsdam (29th)
Time: 6:30pm all campus shows; 7.30pm at Hans Otto theatre
Tickets: €5 (discount tickets €3)

http://edg-potsdam.jimdo.com/
http://www.facebook.com/EDGpotsdam
http://www.hansottotheater.de/ (not listed yet)

5.8 WYRD SISTERS IN UPPINGHAM, RUTLAND: AUDITIONS (MAY)

The Uppingham Theatre Company Wyrd Sisters will present their production
of Wyrd Sisters in October (25th to 31st). But first, it's audition time:

When: 11th and 13th May 2015
Venue: Don't Paddy's, Market Place, Uppingham (upstairs front room)
Time: 7:00pm on all days

Casting will be for Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, Magrat Garlick,
Verence (late king of Lancre), Felmet, Lady Felmet, Vitoller, Mrs
Vitoller, the Fool, Tomjon, Hwel, Sergeant, Demon, Robbers, Players,
Guests, Guards, and Peasants. Also, additional people are needed to help
with front-of-house duties during the production.

For updates, visit Uppingham Theatre's Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/pages/Uppingham-Theatre-Company/215743641793859

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

06) DISCWORLD ARTS AND CRAFTS NEWS

Latest news and offers from the Cunning Artificers of the Discworld
Emporium:

* The $1 Vimes stamp!

"The very first Discworld Stamp ever to feature His Grace, His
Excellency, The Duke of Ankh, Commander Sir Samuel Vimes. Now a
world-renowned (albeit reluctant) figure of authority and nobility, the
Ankh-Morpork Post Office has honoured him with his own stamp; the $1
Vimes. As his portrait will betray, Lady Sybil may have persuaded him to
wear his plumed helmet for the sitting, but she couldn't take away his
cigar! Featuring the exquisite artwork of award-winning illustrator and
Royal Mail artist Bill Sanderson, each stamp has been impressed with
Watch-House blue using a vintage letterpress and traditional copper
printing plate.

"Spot the sport! One stamp on every sheet contains a 'deliberate'
mistake or variation – only included on whole sheets or in lucky LBEs.
Stamp measures 32 x 45mm, Sheet measures 174 x 234."

The $1 Vimes stamp is priced at £1 per single stamp (£16 per 16-stamp
sheet). For more information, and to order, go to:
http://www.discworldemporium.com/$1Vimes

* The I Pity the Fool LBE!

"The latest edition of our Little Brown Envelope - a 'lucky dip'
assortment of Discworld stamps, with a chance of sports and rarities!
Each LBE in this edition contains two new issues from the Ankh-Morpork
Post Office. The Fools' Guild 3p features the unnerving visage of guild
leader Dr. Whiteface, while the $1 Vimes stamp (introduced in the last
LBE issue as a limited edition lilac version) is the very first
Discworld Stamp ever to feature His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of
Ankh, Commander Sir Samuel Vimes. Featuring the exquisite artwork of
award-winning illustrator Bill Sanderson, each stamp has been impressed
with Watch-House blue using a vintage letterpress and traditional copper
printing plate. A generous sowing of sports, including those of the
Fools' Guild 3p and $1 Vimes,
along with Dead Letter labels, the sought-after Patrician's Palace blue
triangle and other rarities have also been sprinkled throughout the
edition. Available while stocks last."

The I Pity the Fool LBE is priced at £5.00. For more information, and to
order, go to: http://bit.ly/1zMCZpa

* The new Ankh-Morpork Post Office Definitives stamp set!

"A souvenir presentation pack from the Ankh-Morpork Post Office,
containing six iconic Discworld stamps as created by Moist Von Lipwig
himself in the pages of Going Postal. Features new designs for the Year
of the Spinning Mouse, printed by Teemer and Spools in Ankh-Morpork. The
ideal gift for any Going Postal fan! Measures 99 x 114mm, stamps
contained in an acid-free cello pocket securely stapled to an attractive
presentation card. Discworld Stamps are traditionally printed on
authentic gummed stamp paper & perforated by hand."

The Definitives Stamp Set (Year of the Spinning Mouse edition) is priced
at £4.00. For more information, nd to order, go to: http://bit.ly/1vldBPW

To see all the new stamps, go to http://bit.ly/1I1IxM3

* Thud is back!

"Based on the ancient struggle between Dwarf and Troll, Thud combines
the magic of Discworld with cut-throat game play. As Vetinari's game of
choice, Thud became the central theme to Terry Pratchett's 34th
Discworld novel 'Thud!', made a cameo appearance in Sky One's film
adaptations and is enjoyed by thousands of Discworld fans and gamers
across the world. Thud is a game of two halves. A player takes his turn
to play the fast moving Dwarfs as they attempt to trap Trolls in a
carefully constructed ambush, only to then take the part of the fearless
Trolls in the second battle as they lumber slowly yet powerfully around
the board. You can learn to play in a matter of minutes, and  game can
last from half an hour to gruelling day-long battles. No two games are
ever the same.

"Contained within a cotton travel bag, each set comprises 32 Dwarfs, 8
Trolls, a Thud stone,Thud board, rulebook and a treatise penned
especially for Thud by Terry Pratchett himself. Also included are rules
for Koom Valley Thud, a speed version of the game which has an entirely
different dynamic – effectively this is two games in one! The Board
measures 47 x 47 cms and is screenprinted onto durable, heavyweight
natural cotton.The pieces are inspired by the Lewis Chessmen and are
cast in resin with a carved bone effect finish.Dwarfs stand 35mms tall
and Trolls stand at 62mms. Thud was devised by Trevor Truran and is
produced officially and exclusively under licence of the Discworld
Emporium."

Thud is priced at £32.00. For more information and to order, go to:
http://bit.ly/1KtldI6

* De Chelonian Mobile: The Turtle Moves silver pin!

"Designed by Sir Terry Pratchett himself to function as those little
fish emblems worn by followers of a certain religious sect. In other
words, a symbol that would tell one Discworld fan to another that they
shared the same taste in literature. First created for the 25th
anniversary of Discworld these elegant pin badges continue to be a
perennial best seller. Crafted in Precious solid silver complete with
hallmark. The Turtle Moves!!

The Turtle Moves pin is priced at £15.00. For more information and to
order, go to: http://bit.ly/1DXvUgR

Also...

* A Hogswatch Hiatus

"Everything has its season and nothing stays the same. This is a time
for the Discworld Emporium to take stock.
For fifteen years we have welcomed fans from all over the globe to share
in the joy of Discworld at our annual Hogswatch celebrations, which
began in November 2000 when Terry officially opened the Emporium.
However, over the past few years our business has rapidly evolved, and
with growing demands on our time from our design work, online presence
and mail order, the additional task of organising events has become
increasingly difficult. With Hogswatch falling in the busiest retail
month of the year, our small team is now under considerable stress to
keep all the plates spinning.

"And so it is time for us to take a break. We are therefore having a
hiatus from events this year, and hereby confirm that there will not be
an official Hogswatch gathering this November. There are more reasons
than can be explained in a few paragraphs, but fundamentally preparing
an event for hundreds of visitors requires a huge amount of time, energy
and resources – things that are simply not afforded to us at present,
especially with the added strain of running a busy shop. With the added
complication of health and safety requirements and little time to ensure
that they are adequately managed, it would be foolhardy of us to
continue at this time.

"This was a decision made last year when we limped into Christmas burnt
out and broken after a wonderful but rather large Hogswatch that was
unstoppably fuelled by the simultaneous blessing and curse that is
social media. Since Terry's passing we have gained even more interest
that has further reinforced our decision – an event this year really
would be impossibly large, and to go ahead would be especially reckless.
As our first concern is for the safety and well-being of the Discworld
fans, we'll be wise to use this year to consider and plan for the future.
After the success of our last event we are pleased to be leaving it on a
high note, and are comforted that we can do so at a time when there are
so many outlets for Discworld fandom to flourish. If you have a burning
desire to get involved we respectfully encourage you to share your
enthusiasm with the wonderful teams behind the official Discworld
conventions across the globe including IDWCON, DWCON, the Dutch and
German conventions, and Nullus Anxietas.

"This is far from an easy decision to make and we know that many people
will be disappointed, but we sincerely hope you will understand and
support our decision."

Thank you,
The Discworld Emporium team

http://www.discworldemporium.com/information/HogswatchHiatus

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

07) DISCWORLD CONVENTION NEWS

7.1 CABBAGECON UPDATES

Cabbagecon 3 is going ahead:

"Sir Terry Pratchett died on 12 March. We wish his family, his friends
and all those who were close to him the courage and strength to carry
on. Our thoughts are with them. We are convinced that he would want us
to continue celebrating his works. On 27 and 28 June 2015 the third
Dutch Discworld Convention Cabbagecon 3 will happen at the Tulip Inn
Hotel Val Monte in Berg en Dal (near Nijmegen). It will be an occasion
for fans of Sir Terry Pratchett from the Netherlands and abroad to meet
up again and have some fun. We hope to see you too...

"This year the most stylish Guild of Ankh-Morpork will be opening its
gates for aspiring Assassins. Do you have what it takes to survive as a
trainee Assassin? Many dangers lurk during the orientation weekend and
you could get inhumed in more ways than one ... We'll be releasing
snippets of the Assassins' Guild syllabus soon. There you can read more
about all various activities. Stay tuned!"

http://www.dutchdwcon.nl
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cabbagecon/201272429889153

7.2 SASQUAN UPDATES

 From Denise of the Seamstress Guild:

There is lots and lots of work going on behind the scenes regarding
Discworld programming and events for Sasquan but much of it is a
surprise, at least for now. But here is what I can tell you:

1. Sasquan is making ribbons for DW fans to wear on their badges so they
can find one another. These will be purple and will say, "Ook".

Traditionally, the Seamstress Guild makes up their own ribbons which
have their motto: Nil Volupti sine lucre. The guild will give these out
at the parties they're hosting at Sasquan.

Discworld fans will be pleased to note that, in addition to all the
great experiences offered by a Worldcon, Sasquan will be hosting
Discworld programming, events, a Discworld exhibit, guild meetups, and
our fabulous Seamstress Guild parties.

2. There is a million to one chance that we might, just possibly, if the
stars align, be able to announce that some very special Discworld guests
will be joining us at Sasquan. To say any more at this time would bring
me to the attention of the Assassin's Guild.

3. We are looking for good photos of Terry taken by fans at Discworld
conventions and other events to be used for a memorial in his honour.
I've created a group board on Pinterest for fans to post their photos of
Terry Pratchett.  The board is here: Fan photos of Terry Pratchett – if
you would like to participate, please join Pinterest (it's free) and ask
for an invite.

https://www.pinterest.com/itbodes/fan-photos-of-terry-pratchett/

4. Here are the Membership maps (along with facts and figures) for those
attending Sasquan/WorldCon 2015 – Join us at The Great Discworld Fan
Gathering at Sasquan and make friends all over the world. Sasquan has
recently welcomed new members from Chile, Estonia, Hungary, India, and
Romania, North Dakota, Newfoundland, Saxony-Anhalt, and Yukon.

http://sasquan.org/member-numbers/

5. One of the Guests of Honour is David Gerrold, who, aside from his
many accomplishments, is also a huge Terry Pratchett fan. Mr Gerrold has
recently started a group called Just Us. These are Discworld fans who
perform random acts of kindness at conventions and other events. We'll
have more on this movement and what it might mean at Sasquan next month.
We hope to see you there.

D.J. Connell
Discworld Liaison, Sasquan / Worldcon 2015
Chair, North American Discworld Connection
Founder, Seamstress Guild of North America
Co-founder: Dark Clerks of North America
@ItBodes

http://sasquan.org/guests-of-honor/

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

08) DISCWORLD MEETING GROUPS NEWS

Before the regular group meetings, this one-off meetup: a Discworld
gathering in Nottingham in July.

When: Saturday 11th July 2015
Venue: Wollaton Hall Deer Park And Gardens, Wollaton, Nottingham NG8 2AE
Time: 2pm start for picnic meeting; 5pm meal hunt; 7pm meet up again in
the Trip To Jerusalem pub up by Brew House Yard Museum

The organiser is Elaine Boot (freddyboot at yahoo.co.uk), who says, "Come
in fancy dress if you wish. Having something or wearing something
Discworld will help us identify one another and using the phrase 'The
turtle moves' will help too. People do not have to attend both park and
the pub, they are welcome to attend just one. Both of the places can be
reached easily by public transport and an all day bus ticket costs
£3.50. If you travel in groups of 2 to 4 on Nottingham City Transport
Bus (NCTX) you can get a group rider for £4.50. There are plenty of
places to stay, there is even Travelodge Maid Marion Way."

https://www.facebook.com/events/438230283003902/

...and now back to our regular programme...

The Broken Drummers: "London's Premier Unofficially Official Discworld
Group" (motto "Nil percussio est") meets on the first Monday of every
month at the Monkey Puzzle, 30 Southwick Street, London W2 1JQ: "We
welcome anyone and everyone who enjoys Sir Terry's works, or quite likes
them or wants to find out more. We have had many visitors from overseas
who have enjoyed themselves and made new friends. The discussions do not
only concern the works of Sir Terry Pratchett but wander and meander
through other genres and authors and also leaping to TV and Film
production. We also find time for a quiz. The prize is superb. The
chance to set the quiz the following month. If you enter via the beer
garden, you will find us at the opposite end of the pub. If you have any
problems, the staff can direct you."

Next meeting: Monday 1st June 2015

The Drummers' May meet report:

"So we met on May the Fourth. I had a Star Wars quiz prepared and a 'May
the Force Be With You' badge as a prize. The quiz was typically raucous.
Chris argued about one of the questions so much I accidentally revealed
the answer. So just to confirm: the original movie was just called Star
Wars. In 1981 it was re-released with the sub-title 'Episode IV: A New
Hope'. That was so that The Empire Strikes Back could be Episode V. So
there. Jessica won the badge. Since she is not going to be here next
time, I will sort out a quiz or alternative. Unless I have a volunteer.
As I explained to Barbara P. anyone can do a quiz."

For more information, go to http://brokendrummers.org/ or email
BrokenDrummers at gmail.com or nicholls.helen at yahoo.co.uk

*

The Pratchett Partisans are a fan group who meet monthly at either
Brisbane or Indooroopilly to "eat, drink and chat about all things
Pratchett". For more info about their next meetup, go to
www.meetup.com/Pratchett-Partisans/ or contact Ula directly at
uwilmott at yahoo.com.au

*

The City of Small Gods is a group for fans in Adelaide and South
Australia: "Our (semi-) regular meetings are generally held on the last
Thursday of the month at the Seven Stars, 187 Angas St, Adelaide. We
have dinner at 6.30pm followed by games until 9pm. The games are usually
shorter games like Pairs, Sushi Go, or Fluxx, with the occasional
Werewolf session, as these are the best sort of games that work in a pub
setting.

"Games Days: every few months, we have a full day's worth of board games
at La Scala Cafe, 169 Unley Rd, Unley in the function room starting at
10am. Check the calendar below for the date of the next event.

"Other gatherings: in addition to the above, we will occasionally have
other events to go and see plays by Unseen Theatre Company, book
discussions on Terry's latest, craft, chain maille or costuming
workshops or other fun social activities. See our upcoming events for
further info, and join the mailing list to get the details. To keep up
on exactly what's happening and when, or to take part in some online
discussion, please join!"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cityofsmallgods/
https://twitter.com/CityOfSmallGods
www.cityofsmallgods.org.au

*

The Broken Vectis Drummers meet on the first Thursday of every month
from 7.30pm at The Castle pub in Newport, Isle of Wight. All new members
and curious passersby are very welcome!

Next meeting: Thursday 4th June 2015, probably, but do email to check.

For more info and any queries, contact broken_vectis_drummers at yahoo.co.uk

*

The Wincanton Omnian Temperance Society (WOTS) meets on the first Friday
of every month at Wincanton's famous Bear Inn from 7pm onwards.
"Visitors and drop-ins are always welcome!"

Next meeting: Friday 5th June 2015 (probably).

*

The Northern Institute of the Ankh-Morpork and District Society of
Flatalists, a Pratchett fangroup, has been meeting on a regular basis
since 2005 but is now looking to take in some new blood (presumably not
in the non-reformed Uberwald manner). The Flatalists normally meet at
The Narrowboat Pub in Victoria Street, Skipton, North Yorkshire, to
discuss "all things Pratchett" as well as having quizzes and raffles.

Details of future meetings are posted on the Events section of the
Discworld Stamps forum:

http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk/forum/

*

Sydney Drummers (formerly Drummers Downunder) meet on the first Monday
of every month in Sydney at 3 Wise Monkeys, 555 George Street, Sydney,2000.

Next meeting: Monday 1st June 2015 at 6.30pm (probably). For more
information, contact Sue (aka Granny Weatherwax): kenworthys at yahoo.co.uk

*

The Treacle Mining Corporation, formerly known as Perth Drummers, meet
on the first Monday of the month (subject to holidays) at the
child-friendly Carpe Cafe, 526 Murray Street, Perth, Western Australia.

Next meeting: from 5.30pm on Monday 1st June 2015 (probably).

For details follow Perth Drummers on Twitter @Perth_Drummers or join
their Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Perth.Drummers/
– or message Alexandra Ware directly at <alexandra.ware at gmail.com>

*

Western Drummers, also based in Sydney, meet at The Rowers, Nepean
Rowing Club, Bruce Neal Drive, Penrith at 6.30-7.30pm for food, 7.30pm
for games, quizzes and chat: "If you have never been, please come on
down. You would be very welcome. We eat, have a drink, talk Discworld
and play board games. Starts kind of 6 – 6.30ish and finishes kind of
9pm ish."

Next meeting: Tuesday, 19th May at 6:00pm. For more information, contact
Nanny Ogg – lewis_oz at bigpond.com – or visit their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/westerndrummers

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

09) DISCWORLD GAMES NEWS

9.1 CLACKS READY FOR PRE-ORDER!

And there's a pre-order giveaway offer, too:

"The Fastest (non-magical) Messaging System on the Discworld. Using a
semaphore system of shuttered lamps on top of high towers, the Grand
Trunk Semaphore Company has revolutionised long distance communications
on the Discworld. Their network of towers covers most of the Unamed
Continent, but now the old postal service is fighting back.
Driven by the determination of newly 'volunteered' Post Master 'Moist
Von Lipwig' the Ankh-Morpork Post Office has challenged the Clacks
operators to a race from Ankh-Morpork to Genua. Play against your
friends and claim the title of Fastest Clacks Operator on the line, or
play together as a team to win the race across the Discworld and prove
that Clacks is here to stay...

"Just like in the novel 'Going Postal' where the Post Office competed
hard against the Clacks, we at Backspindle Games have been working hard
for the last year to bring fans another board game given life from the
books of Sir Terry Pratchett. To all of you who play-tested Clacks over
the last few years, thank you so much. Your feedback has greatly helped
transform Clacks into a really good game. There are now three types of
games that you can play in the box. There is a 'player versus player'
game, a 'co-operative race game against the Post Office' and an
introductory 'two-player game for children'. We are extremely pleased
with the artwork of Clacks created by The Artful Nudger, a.k.a. Amber
Grundy. Not only is Amber a massive Discworld fan, but she is also a
very talented artist as you can see from the box cover and base.

"At last the wait is nearly over... Some of you, like Cheery in 'Feet of
Clay', may be trembling with nerves and excitement... others can't wait
to beat your friends playing Clacks. We can confirm the official release
of Clacks will be at the Irish Discworld Convention in October 2015 and
copies can be ordered for collection there in the pre-order. In addition
we have a very special pre-order 'giveaway' for the first initial 300
fans to pre-order Clacks.  Our pre-order shall 'go live' on the Clacks
page at midnight on Monday 11 May 2015 (GMT)...

"If you can't wait until later in the year for the release of Clacks
perhaps you'd like to come along at play the latest demo with us at the
UK Games Expo from 29 – 31 May in Birmingham. Our stand is in the Hall
of Kings. We will have a very limited amount of copies of Luchador! and
Guards! Guards! for sale at this year's UK Games Expo so you may wish to
visit us on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning."

http://backspindlegames.com/blog/
http://backspindlegames.com/clacks/

9.2 GUARDS! GUARDS! SHAMELESS PLUG!

Yes, I'm promoting Guards! Guards! boardgame again. Deal with it,
muhahahaha (insert emoji of your choice here). Le blurb officiel, as
they say in Quirm:

"Four magical years of comments such as 'It's like being in a Discworld
story' and 'the most fun you can have without taking your clothes off'
but sadly 2015 will be the last year we can publish Guards! Guards! A
Discworld boardgame.  If you know anyone who has not got a copy, or you
feel you may enjoy reading the quotes on the 90 Discworld Character
cards included in the game the time for buying is now, before they are
all gone...

"Each game contains ninety beautifully illustrated Discworld character
drawings by Stephen Player together with a relevant quote about each
taken from one of Sir Terry Pratchett's books. Guards! Guards! is an
action packed, fast paced Discworld game adventure set in the streets of
Ankh-Morpork, the Discworld's oldest, grubbiest and least law-abiding
city. Secret societies, rampaging trolls, cut throat street sellers and
an 800 pound set of luggage thundering around the city on hundreds of
tiny legs. Players need wits and strategy to survive, never mind
returning the stolen Great Spells to the Unseen University and saving
the Discworld from looming destruction. A fun introduction to the
wonderful characters created by Sir Terry Pratchett.

"In the game Guards Guards players are tasked to collect and return five
of the missing Great Spells to the University. Each player selects one
of four Guilds to infiltrate, Thieves, Assassins, Alchemists or Fools.
Their chosen Guild card will give them a specific selection of the Great
Spells to collect and grants them a unique Guild Ability which can be
used to hinder their opponents. It is also used to mark the players'
Charm, Guild and Magic abilities, which can be developed throughout the
game. Time is short, so rather than returning each Spell in person, the
players have been granted the power to recruit the good, and not so
good, inhabitants of the city to act as guards and runners to protect
and return the Spells to the University. There are fourteen locations on
the board where players may Charm (or Bribe) Volunteers to join them on
their quest."

Guards! Guards! is priced at £34.99. Free shipping is included in the UK
only; there is a £10.95 shipping charge to non-UK Europe, and a £19.99
shipping charge to anywhere else in Roundworld. For more information,
and to order, go to:

http://www.backspindlegames.com/guards-guards/

9.3 DISCWORLD GAMING FROM THE ANCIENT AGE!

Andrew Blair, on Den of Geek, looks back on the "ancient" Discworld
video game:

"My first experience of a Discworld computer game came via MacFormat
magazine... we could peruse the demos and freeware options in the free
CDs that came with computing magazines. One of these included a demo of
Discworld, and with the processing power at my disposal, the intro scene
lasted approximately six minutes. Soon, with the addition of 500 MB
extra memory (merely a block about the size of the CD drive), it was
down to three. Playing it now, it lasts about 60 seconds. Progress, eh?
I'll have finished the game in about an hour at this rate. Except that,
for various reasons, I've never actually finished it before. Firstly:
I'm not very good at computer games. Secondly: It's really bloody
difficult... It's a game where you can be forgiven for saving before
clicking on absolutely anything. Even with half-remembered progress from
the late 90s, there's usually something you've forgotten. However, even
if the gameplay is a slow and truculent experience, it's one hell of a
challenge, and it's quite a fun one in small doses... You can interact
with almost every character and many objects, with quick lectures
(featuring Rob Brydon's impersonation of David Attenborough) filling in
the blanks for anyone unfamiliar with the books. The voice cast features
Brydon (near the start of his career), Pratchett audiobook helmer Tony
Robinson, Spitting Image and Crossroads alumnus Kate Robbins, plus your
Jon Actual Pertwee... I also can't say enough good things about the
backgrounds and the music in the game. Rob Lord (who has since gone on
to score Just Cause 2) does wonders for what is presumably just him and
a synthesizer. It's got the faux-medieval trappings you'd expect, but
it's a jaunty, light score that doesn't distract you. The style of the
animation and backgrounds – with snaking pathways and jutting, oddly
angled buildings and hovels - has massively informed my mental image of
Ankh-Morpork. Come to think of it, it's not totally dissimilar to the
Old Town of Edinburgh either. It's a visually satisfying and initially
involving game then, but your tolerance for its difficulty depends on
how long the characters, conversations and gags entertain you for..."

http://bit.ly/1EoTlRv

9.3 PRATCHETT TRIBUTES IN GAMES

 From John O'Connor on Facebook: "I decided to pay a visit to the STP
tribute in the Elite Dangerous game (a space combat/trading sim). It's a
long flight across a hundred light years or so of uninhabited systems,
so a fuel scoop is a must have (for smaller ships at least) and it's not
really a part of the game in the sense that you would stumble across it
in normal gameplay. You can find it in system HIP 74290. The station
orbits a lovely pale blue planet. I like that the faction running the
station is named 'Ankh Guards'."

 From Vlad Savov at The Verge: "This March, the literary world lost one
of its best-loved luminaries after author Terry Pratchett died at the
age of 66 following the onset of Alzheimer's disease. The depth and
breadth of appreciation for his work have been evident all around the
world in a variety of tributes — and now Valve is joining in with a
subtle homage in its latest update to Dota 2, which adds a new item by
the name of Octarine Core. Octarine is Pratchett's invention, a
greenish-purple hue that he dreamed up as the eighth color of the
visible spectrum and the titular subject of his first Discworld novel,
The Colour of Magic. Fittingly, in Dota 2 the Octarine Core will be most
useful to mages and intelligence-based characters, granting them bonus
mana and boosting up their vital stats. This is also one of the most
expensive items in the game, making it a highly prized asset that
successful heroes can aspire to in the latter parts of the game. Terry
Pratchett had a penchant for poking subversive fun, making his point
slyly rather than directly, and Valve's unostentatious addition of his
favorite color is a fine match the late author's style..."

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

10) IMAGES OF THE MONTH

Latest additions by Jim Vision and Dr Zadok to the fabulous Terry
Pratchett tribute mural off Brick Lane in East London:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/82786929@N00/16664364704/

A personal favourite – the superb tribute caricature at Canary Wharf
Tube station in March:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_94CIqWwAAf7p3.jpg

Very special lifetimer in the window display of the Discworld Emporium:
http://bit.ly/1I2PE8L

Absolutely stunning fan-art of the A-M Watch by artist KG Bigelow:
http://bit.ly/1Ejmm1a

Also stunning, Theresa Dolman's spot-on Granny Weatherwax cosplay at
this past weekend's Oz Comic Con:
http://bit.ly/1En6xGN

...and from the Backspindle lads, some very happy Guards! Guards!
gamers, two of whom are wearing what might be the most fantastic helmets
in the entire multiverse:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEjL3yAWAAEQn_8.jpg:large

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

11) CLOSE

Just a few more bits to finish...

One of our Newshounds sent this BBC News article. Reminiscent of a
certain tradition on Tiffany Aching's home ground:

"More than 40 volunteers are taking part in re-chalking a 232-year-old
hill figure in Wiltshire. The Cherhill White Horse, cut into the
Marlborough Downs, is owned and maintained by the village of Cherhill.
The 18th Century landmark underwent a major facelift in 2002 after
losing its whiteness and shape, but now requires a 're-chalking' every
two years. David Grafton, from Cherhill, said 14 tons of chalk would be
needed to 'groom the horse' and restore it. The horse is the second
oldest in Wiltshire and one of nine in the county. To combat
discolouring from the weather, it used to be continuously scraped to
reveal fresh chalk. Now, to avoid the figure sinking below the
surrounding ground, the ancient monument is topped up with extra chalk..."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-32672304

Don't forget, the JustGiving page for RICE is still open:
https://www.justgiving.com/Terry-Pratchett

And that's the lot for the moment. We'll be back before the Glorious
25th, I think, but in case, don't forget to wear the lilac!

– Annie Mac

Remember, the mirror version of this issue and additional news items and
images can be viewed at the Wossname blog. This issue can be found at
http://wossname.dreamwidth.org/13551.html

The End. If you have any questions or requests, write: wossname-owner
(at) pearwood (dot) info