WOSSNAME -- June 2015 -- Shepherd's Crown Special Edition

News and reviews about the works of Sir Terry Pratchett wossname at pearwood.info
Sat Jun 6 13:49:29 AEST 2015

Wossname
SPECIAL EDITION
June 2015 (Volume 18, Issue 6, Post 1)

WOSSNAME is a free publication offering news, reviews, and all the other
stuff-that-fits pertaining to the works and activities of Sir Terry
Pratchett. Originally founded by the late, great Joe Schaumburger for
members of the worldwide Klatchian Foreign Legion and its affiliates,
including the North American Discworld Society and other continental
groups, Wossname is now for Discworld and Pratchett fans everywhere in
Roundworld.

GNU Terry Pratchett: Sending Home, forever (and secreted in Wossname's
own server)
Never forget: http://www.gnuterrypratchett.com/

Editor in Chief: Annie Mac
News Editor: Vera P
Newshounds: Mogg, Sir J of Croydon Below, the Shadow, Wolfiekins
Staff Writers: Asti, Pitt the Elder, Evil Steven Dread, Mrs Wynn-Jones
Staff Technomancers: Jason Parlevliet, Archchancellor Neil, DJ Helpful
Book Reviews: Annie Mac, Drusilla D'Afanguin, Your Name Here
Puzzle Editor: Tiff (still out there somewhere)
Emergency Staff: Steven D'Aprano, Jason Parlevliet
World Membership Director: Steven D'Aprano (in his copious spare time)

01) EDITOR'S LETTER
02) COVER ART!
03) WATERSTONE'S SPECIAL OFFER ON THE SHEPHERD'S CROWN IN HARDCOVER
04) AND THE DELUXE SLIPCASED EDITION
05) CLOSE

01) A LETTER FROM YOUR EDITOR

The simultaneous UK/USA publication date for The Shepherd's Crown, final
Tiffany Aching novel (and last of all the Discworld novels), has been
moved forward by a fortnight, from 10th September to 27th August. The
publishers have also officially released the UK and USA cover art. Very
exciting news!

Furthermore, UK booksellers Waterstones have their own announcement
about this and some very special offers to go with it.

The UK publisher is Random House, and the ISBN for The Shepherd's Crown
is 9780857534828.

Only 82 days to go until the publication date. Start counting...

*

An editorial note: this doesn't count in any wise as spoilage, since I'm
as much in the dark as you are, O readers – but upon first seeing the UK
cover art I was struck by a thought that filled my eyes with bittersweet
tears, because there seem to be hints of... well... all I can say is
that I hope Sir Pterry was wise enough and brave enough to write the
event that is implied, to me at least, by certain presences in Paul
Kidby's cover art. And if what I think may be implied turns out to be
true, I hope we legions of Discworld fans are wise enough and brave
enough to accept it.

Read on...

– Annie Mac, Editor

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

02) COVER ART!

The UK cover, featuring artwork by Paul Kidby: http://bit.ly/1FDglfg

The USA cover: http://bit.ly/1Muui4O

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

03) WATERSTONE'S SPECIAL OFFER ON THE SHEPHERD'S CROWN IN HARDCOVER

You can pre-order The Shepherd's Crown for a special price of £10.00 – a
saving of fifty per cent on the recommended retail price! Day-of
publication delivery is for UK only. To ensure UK delivery on the day of
publication, please select "Courier" or "Free Delivery to shop" at the
checkout.

To pre-order, go to

http://bit.ly/ShepherdsCrownUK

and click on the pre-order button on the right, about one-third of the
way down the page.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

04) ...AND THE DELUXE SLIPCASED EDITION

"The Waterstones Exclusive Edition is a stunning real cloth slipcase,
limited to just 5,000 copies. The cloth for the book itself is
sophisticated grey glitter, and will feature a gold bee motif on both
front and back covers. Each copy is individually stamped and numbered,
and features the article 'Doing As You Would Bee Done By', written by
Sir Terry Pratchett in 1975 – a witty insight into Terry's beekeeping
experiences. Silver bee-printed endpapers – with different designs for
front and back – complete this beautiful, must-have package. The perfect
gift for any Pratchett fan. A brand new Discworld novel from the man
himself, the late, great Sir Terry Pratchett. Completed in the Summer of
2014, The Shepherd's Crown features the much-loved teenage witch,
Tiffany Aching, the hugely popular character (also one of Sir Terry's
own favourites) who appeared in The Wee Free Men, A Hat Full of Sky,
Wintersmith, and most recently, I Shall Wear Midnight. A hugely
anticipated book in an iconic series, which will appeal to both adult
Discworld fans and to younger readers."

The Slipcase Edition is priced at £35.00. To pre-order, go to

http://bit.ly/1ATs79E

and click on the pre-order button on the right, about one-third of the
way down the page.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

05) CLOSE

And that's all for the moment. As mentioned in last month's final issue
closing comments, I don't intent to put out any full-on issues until
much later in the month this time, but anything time-dependent will be
on the blog/mirror site at http://wossname.dreamwidth.org/ so do check
there occasionally – for instance, later today there will be a report on
the Czech Terry Pratchett Fan Club's lovely "Raising Steam" event.

See you later this month!

– Annie Mac

A mirror version of this special issue, complete with images, can be
viewed at
http://wossname.dreamwidth.org/15118.html

The End. If you have any questions or requests, write: wossname-owner
(at) pearwood (dot) info